The UQ Graduate School manages a number of scholarship schemes that provide financial support for tuition fees, living costs and travel which enables you to focus on your research and achieve the best results.
You can apply at any time for admission to research higher degree programs. However, candidates who wish to be considered for a UQ Graduate School tuition fee and/or living allowance scholarship should note that the RHD Scholarship Selection Committee meets twice a year to select the recipients.
|2017 Round 1 (current scholarship round)||RQ1 2017 start|
|Recommended last day to submit your application online *||8 Jul 2016||16 Sep 2016|
|Last day for school/institute to submit your application to Graduate School||5 Aug 2016||14 Oct 2016|
|Missing requirements to be submitted for assessment by||2 Sep 2016||11 Nov 2016|
|Last day to be assessed as eligible for admission and scholarship||9 Sep 2016||18 Nov 2016|
|Official notification about your admission and scholarship application by||14 Oct 2016||23 Dec 2016|
|Response to offers required by||21 Oct 2016||6 Jan 2017|
|Enrolment by||13 Jan 2017||1 Feb 2017|
|2017 Round 2 (next scholarship round)||RQ3 2017 start|
|Recommended last day to submit your application online *||27 Jan 2017||21 Apr 2017|
|Last day for school/institute to submit your application to Graduate School||24 Feb 2017||19 May 2017|
|Missing requirements to be submitted for assessment by||24 Mar 2017||16 Jun 2017|
|Last day to be assessed as eligible for admission and scholarship||31 Mar 2017||23 Jun 2017|
|Official notification about your admission and scholarship application by||3 May 2017||21 Jul 2017|
|Response to offers required by||12 May 2017||28 Jul 2017|
|Enrolment by||14 Jul 2017||1 Aug 2017|
* Your enrolling school/institute may have their own internal deadlines for accepting applications on each scholarship round, so it is essential that you follow the school/institute deadlines if they are different from the recommended dates above.
Please note, consideration in a scholarship round will be for commencement of study in a specific research quarter as follows:
- Round 1 is for students commencing in RQ1 or for currently enrolled students.
- Round 2 is for students commencing in RQ3 or for currently enrolled students.
We have prepared an overview of the UQ Graduate School scholarship schemes.
- Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship (Living - for domestic students)
- Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship and UQ Graduate School Scholarship (Living, tuition and health cover - for international students)
- UQ Research Scholarship (UQRS) (Living - for domestic students)
- UQ International Scholarship (UQI) (Living, tuition - for international students)
- CSC-UQ PhD Scholarship (Tuition - for Chinese students)
- Top Up Assistance Program (TUAP) (Living - for international students)
- Graduate School International Travel Awards (GSITA) (Travel - for enrolled RHD students)
- National Health & Medical Research Council (Living - for domestic students )
- UQ-Tianjin Joint PhD Scholarships in Synthetic Biology
- Other scholarships